So Much...Just so, so much
wow...I fear this will be epic, or maybe not...but I feel like this morning I have a lot say so please don't judge me too harshly if I switch up subjects like crazy, crazy, crazy...
- Thank you to everyone that read the first ever Petite Heights Sunday strip....there are loads more to come, and we are hoping that perhaps sometime after Fall and Winter that Petite Heights might be come a daily strip. If you missed the comic you can read it here or here.
- Petite Heights Contest............that's right you heard it here first..my bubs and I need a Petite Heights logo, we also need a nice little graphic for the credits. So, this is what I am asking...I want one of you to design it, it does not have to be fancy, it could even just be a wonderful typeset. The winner will become a character in the comic (well you as a child) and will be featured in one of the upcoming holiday strips, you get to pick the holiday!! You will also get to keep the original comic art as well!! How cool is that??? Well, I think it's pretty cool. I know most of you are pretty creative so get to creating. I will give you until next Monday...if you have any questions let me know.
- The new house....in our stalker rounds this weekend we drove by the house again to chat with the landlords who are gutting and redoing the place...not only in the front porch and front of the house re-painted....but, there is going to be a porch swing installed....OMG!!! Can you believe it,I can see me know, sipping whiskey drinks and sitting on the swing, a little piece of heaven attached to my house.
- During our weekend adventures we ended up at the used book store a block from the new house, and I treated myself to a couple new books, one being....(drum roll please) The Time Traveler's Wife, which I know so many of you have told me I need to read, well, it was there staring me in the face, and I bought it. I was up a bit late last night reading too, and it is wonderful. Also purchased at the bookstore was French in 10 Minutes A Day, I would really love to be able to speak French, I took it in school when I was little and hated it, but lately it has become important to me to learn it. Maybe it is because I am getting older, and I am thinking about my heritage, and my Mom, and the fact that she spoke French the majority of my life and hers...she now speaks only English, but growing up when she and her friends would talk it was always in French...and it was always a mystery.
- Yesterday we went to a comic show in the morning where I got a few dreadful old Gothic romance paperbacks...basically I got them because the covers were ridiculous and beautiful at the same time....and I could not resist, picture women with beautiful long hair, and crazy old houses (always up on a hill) and dark and moody skies...perfection.
So, how were your weekends....has everyone been busy reading Harry Potter??? Nothing against the little wizard but I never got into the books, again I blame my no good ex husband for that (he was obsessed) also the fact that a comic by the name of Books of Magic which came out years before anything Harry Potter related, does have quite a similar character set up, and Harry looks just like the lead character in those comics, and they were HUGE in England as they were written by Neil Gaiman....but I digress, I have nothing against Harry Potter, but I would like it if someone...ANYONE would send me an email and tell me if Hermione and Ron end up "getting together" at the end....seriously, are they, are they not....it's all I care about.
one last announcement kind of thing before I bid you a very fond adieu (FRENCH!!)
Don't forget the sale I am having in my etsy shop, 30% off Sale Items and 20% off the rest of my" shop, please write "SUMMER07" in the message to seller section and I will send you a new invoice!!
until then....enjoy some of the new pieces I have done.