Random Holiday Survey Part II
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? well, I like to toss a little egg nog in my hot chocolate, you know, instead of a splash of milk. I am gluttonous like that.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? he wraps them, even though wasting all that paper makes the environment cry....unless the packages are too big then they are just under the tree
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white lights only...though I'll admit to a string of colored lights on our dining room tree, but that tree is the gaudy one anyway, so it fits.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? no....because I am afraid I would be under it and my bubs would not kiss me and then I would spend the rest of the day feeling neurotic ands insecure.
5. When do you put your decorations up? right after Thanksgiving, but Christmas music starts in mid November.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? potatoes and bread, and dishes of little salted cashews (does that count)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The year there was a giant Cabbage Patch Kid crisis and they were sold out everywhere...my mom ended up getting one for me last minute from someone who had bought a bunch and was selling them at a high price...unknown to my mom, my father had called in some favors to someone he knew in Japan and had one sent to me from there. It was not the presents themselves that made the holiday, but the lengths that my parents went to to make me smile.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? a former bff found out and spoiled it for me....god forbid she allow me to be happy for one last Christmas (bitch)
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well we have one nice tree that is all red and gold Christmas balls, white ligfhts and ribbon, it's beautiful, then we have the other tree that has the colored lights and the misc. ornaments...I am still trying to get one more little tree for my studio. That will be pink, silver and black.
10. Snow! Love it or dread it? love the way it looks until about January 5th, then it should be gone.
11. Can you ice skate? no....there is a scene in The Omen II that sort of spoiled ice skating for me.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Victorian Dollhouse my dad made for me. Sadly it is gone now.
13. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? I would say family but I don't see my mom on the holiday so it actually is quite sad, so I would say the holiday is bittersweet now, but it reminds me of all the things that should be important.
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I can't play favorites with desserts. I guess I will say Christmas cookies and whoopie pies
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? People giving me presents.
16. What tops your tree? star
17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? both, I won't lie, I ,love anything presents
18. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night
19. Candy canes? no, but one was attached to my latest electric bill.
20. Favorite Christmas movie? Little Women, A Christmas Carol
21. What do you leave for Santa? I eat cookies and skip the whole leaving and waiting game.